Quest Alert not working

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
SuperSparkplug

Re: Quest Alert not working

Post by SuperSparkplug »

I tried to allow alerts during conversations and checked the alert frequency ever second, still not coming up. The quest becomes active, but the alert doesn't show.

My process for this scene is this.

1. Player gets a call to go see his boss in a conversation sequence tiggered on enter by where the player spawns (Not on Start because it then instantly draws the camera towards the boss character another room away. It's a problem, not one I'm worried about right now)
2. On Conversation End, the "Go See Your Boss" quest activates and the Alert shows up telling you to do so.
3. Player makes their way to the indicated waypoint to see their boss.
4. On trigger enter, the "Go See Your Boss" Quest is a Success (No Alert), and a Conversation triggers between the player and the Boss character.
5. On Conversation End, the "Leave Work" Quest is active, but its corresponding Alert does not trigger.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

After the alert in step #2, do any alerts ever show up? I wonder if maybe the alert UI is getting into some kind of weird state where it's not visible. I'm not convinced this is the answer, since you said that the actual text content of the GUILabel isn't being set either. Maybe the Dialogue Manager ends up pointing to a different Dialogue UI?
SuperSparkplug

Post by SuperSparkplug »

No, the only other Alert I have is the one I'm trying to trigger right now.

The text within the GUI Label was the alert from Step 2.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

If you still want to pursue this (I saw your other thread), would it be possible for you to set up a reproduction scene and send it to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?