RpgKit Problem

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: RpgKit Problem

Post by Tony Li »

terrymorgan wrote:My notes on RPG kit 311. Tony, if I add a 2d portrait, will it show up, if so, where?

https://sites.google.com/site/terrymorg ... t_lite_311
If you assign portraits to actors in your dialogue database, you should also edit your Loading scene. Add an NPC Portrait Image to your dialogue UI. You could use Unitycoding/Shared/Fantasy UI/Portrait as the portrait frame. I'll give some thought to adding this to the Dialogue Manager prefab in the next version.
wioluskaelk

Post by wioluskaelk »

Tony, go sleep :P
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

:D
Demonith

Post by Demonith »

Problem with latest version of RPG Kit

Code: Select all

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/RPGKitDialogueUI.cs(18,37): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `UIMessage' does not exist in the namespace `Unitycoding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Demonith wrote:Problem with latest version of RPG Kit

Code: Select all

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/RPGKitDialogueUI.cs(18,37): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `UIMessage' does not exist in the namespace `Unitycoding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Please import the latest RPG Kit Support package from the Dialogue System Extras page.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I have rpg kit 3.12, but haven't gotten DS 1.5.8 installed yet.

'The Dialogue System currently saves its data to PlayerPrefs in single-player and multi-player modes. This includes all the standard Save System data, such as variable values and quest states.

It loads data:

When the character enters the game.

It saves data:

After every conversation involving the player.
When the "UpdateTracker" message is sent to the Dialogue Manager (typically when quest data changes).

I keep having my player spawn at -140, 16, -179 in the Main Level, which isn't valid, he falls out (guess I could make the
terrain there bigger.) This XYZ location is my Terrain level spawn point, could DS bring up some save/load menu with valid loading?
I've tried to start the game on Terrain but it doesn't work.

' If you use the ICode "Dialogue System/RPG/Save Data" action in one of your state machines''

is there a 'load data' action and some way to put F6 F7 quicksave quickload keys to activate them in a state machine?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

If you download and install 1.5.8 and the RPG Kit Support package, it will add an ICode action "Dialogue System/RPG/Delete Data". (The documentation has also been updated to reflect this.)

You can use this to delete the saved Dialogue System data associated with a character. One way you could use this is to add a "reset data" button to the Select Character scene. Activate the button only when the player has selected a character (kind of like the Play button). When the player clicks the button, use the Delete Data action.

To implement quicksave and quickload:
  • Quicksave: Just use the Save Data action.
  • Quickload: Use the built-in ICode action to call a method on a component. On the Dialogue Manager GameObject, call the RPG Kit Bridge component's Start method.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Yikes, you're asking a lot here :--_ How big is the 50_52 package, on dropbox it says it's 41MB, on the regular site it's 72MB and still going.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

It's 41, sometimes the firefox will say DL failed, if you hit the icon, it starts adding on another one to the 1st one. Dropbox one installed no errors.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Good, I'm glad it installed okay. Remember to import the Third Party Support/ICode Support and RPG Kit Support packages, too.