RpgKit Problem

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: RpgKit Problem

Post by Tony Li »

Terry,

Try this:

1. Delete the Dialogue System folder.

2. Import version 1.5.7a.

3. Import the 11/4 version of RPG Kit Support.

Sorry to ask you to experiment with this. I only have access to the full version. It's possible there are discrepancies between the two.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I get the 3rdPersonCamera and 3rdPersonController not found plus 2 of these. I posted to the RPG kit unity forum for
an update

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(87,64): error CS1061: Type `object' does not contain a definition for `enabled' and no extension method `enabled' of type `object' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I got the 3.1.1 rpg kit lite off the asset store, new project, imported it, no errors

Imported 1.5.7a rpgkit support icode support, got this

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/RPGKitDialogueUI.cs(18,37): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `UIMessage' does not exist in the namespace `Unitycoding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

imported the 11/06 rpgkitsupport, no change
wioluskaelk

Post by wioluskaelk »

How to solved it?

https://screencloud.net/v/zXUs

I update RPG Kit today
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

terrymorgan wrote:I got the 3.1.1 rpg kit lite off the asset store, new project, imported it, no errors

Imported 1.5.7a rpgkit support icode support, got this

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/RPGKitDialogueUI.cs(18,37): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `UIMessage' does not exist in the namespace `Unitycoding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

imported the 11/06 rpgkitsupport, no change
wioluskaelk wrote:How to solved it?

https://screencloud.net/v/zXUs

I update RPG Kit today
Hi Terry and Wiola,

I will check this today and post an updated RPG Kit Support package if necessary.
wioluskaelk

Post by wioluskaelk »

thanks ;)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

In the meantime, you can edit that file (RPGKitDialogueUI.cs) and comment out everything inside the class:

Code: Select all

public class RPGKitDialogueUI : UnityUDialogueUI {

/* <-- ADD THIS

*/ //<--ADD THIS

}
This will allow it to compile so you can play the game.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

You can now download the updated RPG Kit Support package for RPG Kit 3.1.1 Lite/Full on the Extras page or right here:

RPGKit_Support_2015-11-13.unitypackage

In addition to updating the package to support API changes in RPG Kit 3.1.1, it also automatically saves Dialogue System data (currently to PlayerPrefs). So your quest states and variable values will persist between play sessions.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I couldn't understand your edit, please post the whole rpgkitdialogui.cs

The new support package gave me the 3rd person controller and 3rd person camera errors and 2 of these
Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(113,64): error CS1061: Type `object' does not contain a definition for `enabled' and no extension method `enabled' of type `object' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
wioluskaelk

Post by wioluskaelk »

@terrymorgan did you "add" from third party support, ICode support also? because few sec. ago, I downloaded also new package for RPG Kit, and everything works good, no errors.