RpgKit Problem

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Demonith

RpgKit Problem

Post by Demonith »

Hi i just run in to problem with new RpgKit i get this error

I get this 4 errors

Code: Select all

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(34,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `InventoryContainer' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(96,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `AttributeHandler' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(100,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `EquipmentHandler' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/RPGKitDialogueUI.cs(16,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MessageHandler' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Tony Li

Re: RpgKit Problem

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That's the old RPGKitBridge.cs. Please import the updated RPG Kit Support package from the Extras page. Or, if you've updated to version 1.5.7, the same package is in Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit Support.unitypackage.
Demonith

Post by Demonith »

I done it and have this one error

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitConversationTrigger.cs(14,18): error CS1729: The type `PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationPopupAttribute' does not contain a constructor that takes `1' arguments
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

We're getting there! :-)

The [ConversationPopup(bool)] attribute was added in 1.5.6.1. It lets you choose conversations from a dropdown menu in the new RPG Kit Conversation Trigger component. Previously you had to type the conversation name manually into a text field.

Here are some options:

1. Update to version 1.5.7 on the Pixel Crushers download site. (I PM'ed you your access info.)

2. Or update to 1.5.6.1 on the Asset Store. Version 1.5.7 hasn't been posted on the Asset Store yet.

3. Or edit RPGKitConversationTrigger.cs and remove the [ConversationPopup(true)] line.
Demonith

Post by Demonith »

Everything works but i see there is questlog but cant open it when i accept quest its showing tracker but no quest log ?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Demonith wrote:Everything works but i see there is questlog but cant open it when i accept quest its showing tracker but no quest log ?
Hi - Did you hook up the quest log window to RPG Kit's button as described in step 3 of RPG Kit Setup?
Demonith

Post by Demonith »

Yes i done that quest and bark and shop work normal just the big Quest Log option is nowhere to be seen only quest tracker
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi -

I just put a new version of the RPG Kit Support package on the Extras page. You can also download it directly here:
RPGKit_Support_2015-11-06.unitypackage

The only additions are a preconfigured Loading scene and a small tweak to animation on the quest log window UI. You can use the preconfigured Loading scene by replacing RPG Kit's Loading scene in your project's build settings. This way you don't have to go through any steps to add and hook up the Dialogue System UI elements in the original Loading scene (including the quest log window). To do this:

1. Import the updated package.

2. Open the Build Settings panel (File > Build Settings).

3. Delete the Loading scene from the Scenes In Build list.

4. Add the Loading scene found in Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Examples/.

If you want to set up the Loading scene yourself -- for example, if you've added your own customizations -- hook up the button like this:

Demonith

Post by Demonith »

Tnx u its working :) but how to make quest be saved when i enter in game i get over and over again the quest ?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Demonith wrote:Tnx u its working :) but how to make quest be saved when i enter in game i get over and over again the quest ?
This is a good question, and one I'm working with Zerano on. The Dialogue System needs to be able to save its state. This changed in RPG Kit 3.0 and 3.1, and may require an update in the RPG Kit code. I'll post to the forum when RPG Kit can support this, hopefully soon!