Question mark and Dialogue System

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Question mark and Dialogue System

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry, this was a small bug. I'll update the package in a few minutes. To fix it in your copy, edit Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/OverheadIconController.cs. Change line 22 from:

Code: Select all

icon.SetActive(icon != startingIcon);
to

icon.SetActive(icon == startingIcon);
It's just a one character change.
Demonith

Post by Demonith »

Tony Li wrote:Sorry, this was a small bug. I'll update the package in a few minutes. To fix it in your copy, edit Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/OverheadIconController.cs. Change line 22 from:

icon.SetActive(icon != startingIcon);
to

icon.SetActive(icon == startingIcon);
It's just a one character change.
ok awesome and sry to take your time just one more thing maybe more things

How to make a name above character of the quest giver ?
How to make when made a quest and then when a character reach desired level the quest will be available ?
How to make repeatable quest ?
Can we make triggers with quest when is character done quest i mean return the quests trigger animation or cinematic etc ?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
Demonith wrote:How to make a name above character of the quest giver ?
Make another world space canvas like the Overhead Icon UI. You could even copy that GameObject. If you copy it, remove the Overhead Icon Controller and the Animator, and enable Look At Main Camera. Add one child for the name (a Text element), and set it to the character's name. You'll probably want to move the Overhead Icon UI up slightly so they don't overlap.
Demonith wrote:How to make when made a quest and then when a character reach desired level the quest will be available ?
If you only want to offer the quest if the player is level 5 or higher, set the Conditions to:

GetPlayerLevel() >= 5
You can add this to the first dialogue entry node in the quest conversation.
Demonith wrote:How to make repeatable quest ?
When the player completes the quest, set the quest state back to "unassigned" instead of "success".
Demonith wrote:Can we make triggers with quest when is character done quest i mean return the quests trigger animation or cinematic etc ?
Yes. You could control it in a conversation or use a Dialogue System Trigger outside of a conversation:

If you use a Dialogue System Trigger, use Action > Set Quest State to update the quest state. Use Action > Show Alert to show an alert message such as "Quest Completed: ...". And use Action > Play Sequence to play a sequence. You can write the quest using sequencer commands or connect it to a visual sequence editor such as uSequencer, Cinema Director, etc.