RpgKit Problem

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
terrymorgan

Re: RpgKit Problem

Post by terrymorgan »

I imported the 11-6 package

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(84,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonController' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(87,64): error CS1061: Type `object' does not contain a definition for `enabled' and no extension method `enabled' of type `object' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(84,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonController' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I don't import any dialog system examples, is that relevant?

Zerano says he's working on a photon-free standalone version, so I'll wait and see how that goes, meanwhile i guess I just delete and put 1.5.7
back in.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Tony Li wrote:
Demonith wrote:Tnx u its working :) but how to make quest be saved when i enter in game i get over and over again the quest ?
This is a good question, and one I'm working with Zerano on. The Dialogue System needs to be able to save its state. This changed in RPG Kit 3.0 and 3.1, and may require an update in the RPG Kit code. I'll post to the forum when RPG Kit can support this, hopefully soon!
RPG Kit doesn't do saved games. Instead, changes are saved as they happen, like an MMO. The current guidance still holds. In the next release, I'll include an example state machine that does checkpoint saves of the Dialogue System's data on a frequency you specify.
terrymorgan wrote:I imported the 11-6 package

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(87,64): error CS1061: Type `object' does not contain a definition for `enabled' and no extension method `enabled' of type `object' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I don't import any dialog system examples, is that relevant?

Zerano says he's working on a photon-free standalone version, so I'll wait and see how that goes, meanwhile i guess I just delete and put 1.5.7
back in.
The 11-6 package requires RPG Kit 3.1.1. When Zerano releases the photon-free standalone version, I'll make sure it works with that, too.
Demonith

Post by Demonith »

So will he save the quest that i did even i am on online ? with that guide that u shared
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Demonith wrote:So will he save the quest that i did even i am on online ? with that guide that u shared
Yes, you'll use ICode to get the Dialogue System's state and save it to MySQL. I'll include an example in the next release. It will make the process much clearer.
Demonith

Post by Demonith »

U are awesome ! TNX <3
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I didn't know there was a 3.1.1. the rpg kit lite on asset store is from Oct 27 2015 and is 3.1. Lite people can't use SVN.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

terrymorgan wrote:I didn't know there was a 3.1.1. the rpg kit lite on asset store is from Oct 27 2015 and is 3.1. Lite people can't use SVN.
I'm sure Zerano will update RPG Kit Lite to 3.1.1 fairly soon. In the meantime, please continue to use the previous version of the integration package.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

imported the 1.5.6 of 10/11, this is before the 10/27 rpg kit lite on asset store

imported the 1.5.7A of 11/4 rpgkit and icode support on both packages

deleted this one and did the 1.5.6

got the same errors on both packages, next one I have is 1.5.5.1 of 9/27 haven't tried it, not going to work with 3.1?

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(85,72): error CS1061: Type `object' does not contain a definition for `enabled' and no extension method `enabled' of type `object' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(86,69): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonCamera' could not be fo
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Terry,

I believe the version for RPG Kit Lite 3.1 is: RPGKit3_Support_2015-07-03.unitypackage
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Rpg kit lite 3.1 only came out Oct 27, with this July thing I get

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(34,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `InventoryContainer' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/RPGKitDialogueUI.cs(16,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MessageHandler' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(96,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `AttributeHandler' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(100,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `EquipmentHandler' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?